Friday, September 07, 2007

Snakes are Scary

I don't know much about snakes.

I am, however, fascinated by them.

But, I respect them also.


The one thing I do know is that all snakes are poisonous....well, maybe not all snakes.


This one is a Western Diamondback Rattler.

Deadly. Especially the little ones because they can't
control their venom as well as the adults.

When I leaned over it to take the picture, despite the obvious guts protruding from it, it lifted its head and tried to bite me.
Or maybe it just tried to ask for help...poor thing.

And, actually, I think it is a harmless gopher snake...but, rattler sounds much more ferocious! The first one is probably either a Glossy, a Leaf-nosed, or a Lyer...I don't know. And, for some reason the picture is not as good from the same phone?

I have my phone! I'll rant about that another time...maybe I'll get an iPhone!

1 comment:

Sasserman said...

Snakes are COOL, I love em.

Except them rattlers.......

I dont like them so much

MS