Monday, May 05, 2008

Idiocracy

Dunkin Donuts has a special, $1.99 for a medium coffee and toasted
bagel with cream cheese. I ask for "the special, but with a plain
cinnamon raisin bagel"

We can't do that, she tells me. After a brief exchange and discussion
with the manager who reiterates that the cream cheese is required, it
is decided that the rules are the rules.

"OK, just give me the special and I'll scrape the cream cheese off."

Would you like the bagel toasted?

"with cream cheese, yes I think so."

OK, so that's a medium coffee and a toasted bagel with the cream
cheese on the side.

"??????"

2 comments:

X Bunny said...

you should go to yum yum donuts next time instead

Ron Castia said...

Typical.
We live in a society so self absorbed that they can't look outside of the book to see how ridiculous they are.