Saturday, June 09, 2007

Pesky

I am sitting here in the STL airport...

...anxiously awaiting
the news about today's race
so I dug up some pictures taken by Bill Willet
last year.

There was a picture of Dan,
he finished top ten in the P/1/2
what a stud!



Then there was this picture of me
at the finish...

...no, not the Safeway rider slaying himself,
that's oV getting sixth.

Look to the right between the guys with climbing legs
and the horsey sign...yeah, that's me and no I didn't already
finish the race but I was finished.

I wanted to save my legs for...oh, hell, I sucked and quit and hung out with VB to watch the big guns duke it out!


Then I found this picture.

In the days of carbon frames and
carbon wheels in search of
the lightest of the light,
with 14 pound bikes,
oV races on a steel bike
and leaves the saddle bag on it.

I think he does it to mess with the heads of the guys behind him...that's a lot of messing.




And now Taz
has taken up
the habit as well...

he raced Cat's Hill
with a ginormous saddle bag on

...and then he won

...the P/1/2 race!

No comments: