Sunday, June 17, 2007

Welcome to the Track

I finally made it down to Hellyah.

It was timed event day. No mass starts.

I borrowed myself a Felt and headed that direction.

I thought I was going to do an open training session after the timed events. But, it looked like everyone was having so much fun I had to join in. Good thing too, I left at 4pm and they still hadn't gotten to the Team Pursuit (really wanted to do that...bummer).

I got to do the 500, the kilo and the 3k.

When he said go on the 500, it was the first time I ever did a standing start sprint on a track bike. Shoot, for all practical purposes today was the first time I rode a track bike...period.

I had a good time.

I mean I enjoyed myself...my times, well let's just say I left some room for improvement.

I hope I have time to do some mass starts this year. I was out of town the good weekend (no local crit), this Saturday would have been perfect but it was Junior State Championships and I think my Saturdays are spoken for the next several weeks. Ah well, we'll see how it turns out.

A quick plug for the sponsors:

Have you seen the Sugar billboard on 101N with the cyclists?



1 comment:

PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

it is tuesday.

my legs are still tired, still a little sore.

the kilo is haaaaaaaard.....