Saturday, May 26, 2007

Almost Perfect

It's been a GREAT week!

Too bad I have to work this weekend instead of racing
...that would have been tops.

I felt so good at the Steinbeck Crit in Salinas two weeks ago.




But, I have no doubts the boys will do well at Mt. Hammy and the Memorial Day Crit without me.
Despite my amazing history at Mt. Hammy ...in 2002...
Senior 5, Field 36
1. Kyle Glerum Pen Velo
...(yeah I know, I didn't even really go over MtH).

Then in 2003 at the Memorial Day Crit I did my first 35+ 1/2/3 race, except it was 35+ 1/2/3/4 I guess because I was a 4. I was so happy just to finish. I think I have shown a little improvement since then.

So, I am really sorry to miss these races.

Anyway, I probably wouldn't have been much help. I haven't gotten that pre-Salinas feeling back in my legs after a week off.

Last week I went to STL to fly Tuesday and Wednesday. Then had to get down to ATL. I started feeling a little under the weather on Wednesday and it didn't get much better over the next couple days. I swear riding in the back of the aluminum disease incubators is not healthy with all the inconsiderates coughing and sneezing and wiping their illness on everything...ick!

So, between being busy with military duties and feeling bad I didn't ride. Then there were a couple days I couldn't ride. Then I had to choose between riding and flying the Hornet for two days?

Hmmm....fly the F18 from Atlanta to San Fran to see my sweety or drive three hours up to Nashville for a crit in the parking lot of Titan's Stadium after not riding for 5 days?

Of course, I could have just ridden around Atlanta but if I was going to pass up the flying I was going to race!

No real decision there, I flew home. Then...flew back on Monday, drove to the airport, and rode Brand D back to SFO.

Man was I exhausted!

But, I got about 250 fast miles (with some good power climbing) over the last five days and despite feeling really fatigued this morning...still rode well. A couple days of rest and some gymtervals. A couple days on the bike back home. I'll be so fired up for the "Crash for Cash" and EMC Crits I won't be able to stand it!

No comments: