Thursday, June 08, 2006

Atlanta Group Ride

I found a new Atlanta group ride today.
Lots of racers.

But, they were going easy today because they are racing this weekend.

Figured out who the "big man" was.
Constantly running his suck.

Whenever anyone would go off the front he would make some smart ass comment:

"That one's gonna come back"

"Now we'll see who the pretenders are"

"He'll never make it"

"Caught before we top the hill I bet"



I got tired of listening to him so I decided to push him whenever he made a move and just nip him at the crest of each hill. Next time he would go a little harder and so would I.

I think I pissed him off...but, I shut him up 'cause he was too busy sucking wind from then on.

He kept looking at my antique steel frame and fork with 6 speed Campy Nuevo Record drive train with friction downtube shifters, then he would look at me, then my jersey (I was wearing Le Matin today).

I just smiled.

This might actually be my bike that
Paolo is holding?

Are those the upgraded Suntour Cranks?








Maybe I can get one of these fancy new ones!

6 comments:

vonBlucher said...

If you're gonna play a Guerciotti, you gotta have a Campag in the band. A plastic Guerc w/ Shimano and Zipps; what is this world coming to?

Looks like quads, hams, heart and lungs still matter more! Don't tell anyone I said so though; I encourage investing in cycling technology, but I could be biased. Here's the sweet Guerciotti link: http://www.torelli.com/guerciotti/guerciotti.shtml

Chairman Bill at Torelli has also assembled an excellent history of the Tour too, check it out.

Thanks LG
vB

Anonymous said...

Every City has THAT guy, nice to hear you put it to him. :)

MS

Lothar Glerbny said...

I spent a lot of time (and stole pictures from) the Torelli site last night. Good stuff, my favorite shop has been a big Torelli dealer for as long as I can remember and I have put a few friends on them as well.

Maybe I'll post a picture of mine and someone can tell me how old it actual is. I'm a little embarassed though because it desperately needs a good cleaning and a new paint job (lots of dings from before I got it). It actually went to Iraq with me and was a source of great relief on many a bad day! Can't beat the basics on a trip when you can't take tools.

X Bunny said...

sweet

EB said...

That is too funny.

Chico Cyclist said...

Oh man, LOVE the Guerciottis......especially those 80s Ten Speed Drive Imports team color 'Ciottis - burgandies and blues. Sweet!