Saturday, June 10, 2006

Missed Opportunity

Stuck in Atlanta...missing the Fremont Criterium!

Damn this sucks. So, I thought what the hell, I'll go to one of the Southeast Cycling races this weekend.

I missed the Georgia race calendar.

Dahlonega Omnium:
Blood Mountain TT,
Black Mountain CR,
Three Gaps RR


I could have done the CR today...should have....but just didn't find it early enough.

And the RR tomorrow, 8600' of climbing in under 50 miles, not my kinda race!

I checked Florida.
All the way down in Homestead...too far.


I checked the Carolinas Cycling Association.
Jun 10 2006 Southern Village Criterium (cancelled)

I checked Tennessee.

A race called the Roan Groan.

Hmmmm

Something about a Carvers Gap...sounds mountainous to me.


A RR with an 8 mile uphill finish....not for this kid!


Though this would have been a great ride to just do. The scenery looks awesome.



Oh well, no racing, it will make next weekend oh so much better!

4 comments:

PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

cool post. missed you this weekend. i am trashed, but so looking forward to next weekend...

PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

and the one after that...

X Bunny said...

it's so interesting to read everyone's excuses for why they didn't to the tt...

Ron Castia said...

You should have done Carver's Gap.