Thursday, April 13, 2006

First Post - Who is Lothar Glerbny?


Well, I guess it would be best to start by explaining Lothar Glerbny. One of the reasons my parents choose my name was because they liked that there were no nicknames or abbreviations or renditions for it. They were right, and so, I've never really had a nickname that stuck. When it was time to decide on a name to use for the blog many came to mind, my real name was not one of them. Why is that? Nobody I know uses their real name on their blog. Thoughts for another post. I have been Gollum, Romeo, Devil, Loverboy, Boner (dropped for reasons of political correctness), West, Gerbil (almost dropped but unfortunately not offensive enough), and most recently Glare-um. But, the first nickname I can remember ever being given was Lothar Glerbny. This moniker was bestowed upon me by my 5th grade social studies teacher (or was it calculus?). Really, I think he just couldn't remember anyone's name so he made up one for each and every student. I thought it was the coolest thing. My first nickname. Of course it only lasted until the end of the school year but, I have always remembered it.

1 comment:

PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

No wonder you are so odd....