Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Wente Crits

ELITE 3...that's right, we're ELITE. I've been accused of being an Elitist...is that the same?

94 on the line and only one MIB...me. Squadra, Pegasus, Form all had a good showing. Now, can I just pick the right one to hook up with at the end. I thought Form would be the ones. Typical 3s crit. No breaks allowed. Several crashes. Lots of bumbing in the first couple laps. If you really want that wheel, that bad, you can have it. I'll just come around you later! So we went around for 48 minutes. Bell lap, 3 Pegasus guys on the front, I'm fourth. Feeling good. They only make it about half way and now I'm 2nd wheel...not were I want to be coming into the head wind finish. Turn the corner and the last Pegasus guy is out of gas but it is too far for me to go it alone. I hear carnage behind me (it was Form and he got hurt bad). A train coming up the left side. Jump, accelerate, try to get in. A long way to go still. Lots of guys not going to make it. Closing but not fast enough, too far back, all the way to the line...10th. Well, it's a crap shoot. Too far forward, too early. Editors note: Lothar was later awarded 9th when Eric Nitschke was disqualified for unsportsmanlike conduct.

What give's? It's supposed to be fun...right? Don't take yourself so seriously!


35+1/2/3
A much smoother and faster race but still the typical bump and grind...I expect that. Some guys just take this hobby way too seriously. I do it for fun...and road rash ain't fun! I think we had 8 MIB in the race and the rest of the usual suspects. I'll defer to OV for the real report because I have hard time with storing data while operating machinery at 30mph, 110rpm, and 160 on the hrm (I love acronyms). I'll just say that the MIB rode a great race. We got a guy off the front in a break. Had 6 guys in the top 15 with 3 laps to go. Sprinters were on the front...all three of them. Guys with legs ready to go. We just had some execution errors but we can fix that. Besides, 4th and 5th ain't bad...nice job to Andy and M2!


P/1/2
Man do I need to get some points. What a great race. Again, I'll defer to OV but I'll just say the Delivery Man may be back. He and DanO were in a break with Woolie and it looked good. Two MIB out there for a long time. They got caught, another break got off, it was a tough field, RHV and Lombardi put in some hard work at the end, brought it all back together and Roget' sprinted for a 6th place finish. And, two of the guys in front of him were David McCook and Dean LaBerge. From the sidelines the team looked really strong and rode a great race. Woolberg put a serious hurting on the entire field.







Photos by Glenn James and Kevin King. You can tell which one is Glenn's because he put his name on it...Kevin took the otther two. Thanks guys!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Me like Lothar, UG.