Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Those Guys Are FAST


Fast

Freddy

is in

hot

pursuit...




but Lars Michaelsen of CSC holds on to

his lead and beats him at the line.


I got there just in time to watch all three laps of the circuit. I was standing about 10m beyond the finish line, looking right down the road. Way cool! These guys are super fast. They did 130 miles in 4:45. Wow! It was cool seeing FF and BJM (in the mix for a top ten) and Cruz (maybe a flat 'cause he was way off the back) and all the ProTour teams.






I will check in at the office tomorrow, get in a quick ride for a few hill repeats, then off to Rockmart for the sprint and then Rome for the finish. The whole work thing is really not keeping my interest. I could become a bike race groupie. Just drive from start to sprint point to finish. How cool would that be? And, everyone (not in the race) speaks English. Granted not everyone down here speaks the queens english, I'll just say they have their own patois. Though, one of these days I want to go watch a race where they don't speak english. France, Italy, Spain...they would all be good. Maybe take a whole summer off and ride from one to the next? Now, there's an idea!

10 comments:

PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

i've now seen BJM listed in 5th, 6th, and 9th. Which one is right?

This is worse than Sea Otter results...

Lothar Glerbny said...

Go to linked results page...9th it is! But, he had overlap with 7th and 8th so who's really counting?

norcalcyclingnews.com said...

that's just a kick-ass post.

you're already a cat 2 blogger, baby.

Anonymous said...

LG

Your on the hotlist!

Nice pics, I'm green, not just because I need a shower either, I'm jeolous baby!

ms

X Bunny said...

this is like the 3rd blog i've read that mentioned hill repeats in the last day.....

Anonymous said...

Hill repeats are the new "it"

Velo Bella said...

hill repeats

Can I go to Georgia instead?

X Bunny said...

i think copper just made everybody feel like they needed to get better at hillclimbing

Ron Castia said...

You are so serious. Smile more.

Lothar Glerbny said...

Here in Marietta there isn't anything flat. I do my hill repeats at Kennesaw Mountain State Park...no traffic, 2km, 6-7%. Up, down, up, down...'nuf for today. Took a rookie with me and once was enough for him. Besides, gotta save a little for Saturday...it's gonna be a killer!