Sunday, April 16, 2006

Rain, rain, go away

...so I can ride my bike today! Man it just never stops. Supposed to meet some of the MIB for a AM recovery ride. I could hear the tink, tink, tink of the water in the copper down spouts (just saying copper makes me cringe today) outside my bedroom. Yes, I was still in bed.

Leigh and I went to a friend's place last night and had an awesome dinner (thanks GE)! Before dinner a lovely French Champagne, can't remember the name. Then with our (close your eyes Andy, XBunny, OV) 2 inch thick filet mignons we did a little vertical flight. We had a 2001 and 2002 Corison Cab. They were yummy. All four of us kept our opinions to ourselves while tasting and independently decided the 2002 was more drinkable. I just checked on line and Stephen Tanzer rated the 2001 a 90 and the 2002 a 91(+). I guess we have pretty good tasters.

So with dinner wrapping up and our vertical flight over GE broke out the Nickel and Nickel Branding Iron...yummy. But, I think all things considered, the 2002 Corison was the best of the three.

Anyway, back to the rain thing. I get out of bed, flip open the computer, check the wx radar and there it is. The finger of pain. A big yellow band of water heading our way. Well, I needed time with the Major (my favorite Pete's roast) this morning anyway. A little surfing and several cups of coffee later, I was feeling much more human. Out the door for quick ride.

The green machine was ecstatic, going for a ride 4 days in a row. We headed south toward Palo Alto in an attempt to stay flat and easy, but then the light at Jefferson turned red and I had no choice but to go right, up Jefferson (they repaved some of it near the top...kinda like yesterday's road of pain). Why was I climbing today? Was that recovery? It actually felt great. Headed home via Canada and the Ralston Bike Bridge, got my speed fix and jumped back to my side of the 101. Gave my baby a bath and a lube job. She is ready to go again tomorrow. Then it started raining again.

A quick shower and out the door to look for a new place to live. We only found one house we liked but it was $2.5 milllion dollars (I typed that while doing the Dr. Evil pinky to the mouth thing, can you tell?). That is a little out of our price range. So, I guess we keep looking. Saw a beautiful double rainbow on the way home. A good sign!

Time to make dinner (and maybe have...you guessed it, a glass of wine)

8 comments:

PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

house hunting -- kinda fun, but also a big PITA.

Good wine? also fun and definitely NOT a PITA.

Rain--it's better than frozen roads which is what we woke up to again this morning...

Lothar Glerbny said...

Yeah, I can deal with rain, especially now that it is almost over. Now, rain and cold, not my thing. My piggies get cold and numb. Just can't get enough layers to keep them warm. Is your new house way up the hill too? Can't wait to see pictures of it or maybe see it in person!

Ron Castia said...

Vino Good!
BTW: Our wine sponsor has donated some rockin good vino for the Crit on May 7th. I got to taste a bit when delivered. Entropy Cellars.

Worth Sprinting for!

PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

seriously? Entropy cellars?

Ron Castia said...

Seriously. Check the team's site.

X Bunny said...

lg--new house is just a couple miles from old house and we look forward to having you over

na--entropy is one of the few laws of physics i agree with

Lothar Glerbny said...

Ring the bell! I'll sprint for wine. Better than tires any day. Still haven't opened the bottle I won at...ah, I can't remember, some race. oV won a bottle a red. I got the white. With spring upon us, that white is going to be tasty with a little grilled (tofu) and some veggies.

Ron Castia said...

Listen for the Lothar preme, I'll be on the mic.