Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Pre Stage 2 Ramblings

Went to see the 'rents last night. Made a big triangle of pain in my buddies 1990 Saab with no A/C (yes you need it here now) and no radio. 90 miles from ATL to Macon (end of Stage 1, TdG), 90 miles to my parents house in Columbus, 120 miles back to work this AM. Now, I am looking up the log for today's race. Gotta catch the Sprint in Rockmart, then get to the KOM hill on the circuit in Rome.

I see lots of RR Crossings on the log, hope those guys learned a little lesson from the boys at the Pain of Roubaix! Man did that suck, all that cobblin' just to get DQ'd, and I'm not talking about a Dipped Cone or a Blizzard. Speaking of DQ, man you should have seen the Chocolate Overload Cake and Mocha Ice Cream my Mom made me it last night. How come it is that when you lose a little weight your Mom feels obligated to help you put it back on? And you guys know, based on our pre-race dinners, I cannot resist dessert.

So I had to ride at least a little today. I took a buddy out on the road for his first ATL ride. We went to do a some hill climbing. Only did 2 hill repeats. I wanted to do more but it was our first ride together and I couldn't make him just sit up at the top of Kennesaw Mtn (they call it a mountain but my best guess is that it is only 600'? Go figure...) while I got a good work-out. So, I'll call it tapering for Wente.We had to get back anyway, it looked like rain and in GA rain is often accompanied by strong winds and electricity. Not more than 2 minutes after we got back it started hailing and the sky lit up like the 4th of July.

1 comment:

X Bunny said...

i saw that picture and immediately thought about the town frosty in snelling

that sounds like a Chocolate Yum Yum Surprise that your mom made you