Tuesday, May 02, 2006

The Cure

I needed to go for a ride.

I mean Monday is easy recovery and Tuesday is day off. But there was no riding yesterday and, like I said, I needed to go for a ride. You understand.

An hour to Palo Alto, jump on the Nooner, an hour home. That should do it.

Great weather so lots of riders today. I felt good...after my warm-up, it was a little hard getting the legs going.

We did the double Alpine today which meant some good climbing. I hung in on the hills and had good legs in the sprints. Even on Arestradero at the end, I went waaaaaay early, Bruce sucked my wheel, I kept it going, I felt him move out of my draft to come around so I stepped it up a little, he ducked back in for another 50m, I let up, it was enough. Even Pascuzzi saw him do that but couldn't figure out why until we chatted later.

And that is where today's story gets good. We get to Page Mill, near the end of the ride, and Robert asks if I want to go up. I don't have any food, almost out of water, not planning that long a ride...OK. It is too nice a day and I need the release, riding is good. We climbed at a leisurely pace, went North to 92, and back home.

Photo from Palo Alto Online


There is very little that a 90 mile bike ride on this beautiful peninsula cannot make better or at least help you forget.

I am thankful for the ability to ride, fantastic roads and weather, and friends with which to share it all.

15 comments:

norcalcyclingnews.com said...

preach it, brudda.

norcalcyclingnews.com said...

that photo is beautiful and really captures the riding up there...

Anonymous said...

oops...that was me.

X Bunny said...

umm
i am starting to have the same problem someone else mentioned with your blog

freezes and i have to close the window

what did you do to it?

norcalcyclingnews.com said...

maybe you guys need to upload the latest IExploder.

or, just download mozilla?

Lothar Glerbny said...

I like mozilla.
I use it on the powerbook.

X Bunny said...

phooey
more things to do that won't get done for a while
and i don't even know what mozilla is

Anonymous said...

Mozilla is a Japanese dinosaur with a bowl haircut.......I think.

Groove Talking... said...

well, I am not able to do 90 miles YET, but maybe some day.

I have been riding my bike to Peets coffee every morning, enjoying a great cup of java, then riding for an hour or two.
I may never race, like petit wants me to do, but I will at least be able to keep up on a nice long training ride.

and thats good enough for me!

diskzero said...

Long bike rides are part of my religious experience. They really help. As you mention, I am always thankful for the ability to do them.

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»