Monday, May 15, 2006

Lothar of the Hill People?

Cats Hill Criterium (x2...or x1.5).
I was one with the hill people this weekend and it was good.

Elite 3:
100 crazy SOBs on the line at the start...not so many at the finish.

I count 21!

Too bad there wasn't a KOH...
cause I might'a nabbed it.

The only thing I learned when I raced this 3 years ago was be at the front when you hit the bottom of the hill and hit it fast.

Momentum is king!
Especially on number 15 through 20!
Photo by Kevin King

Momentum = mass * velocity


Momentum can be defined as "mass in motion." All objects have mass (some objects have more mass than they should); so if an object is moving, then it has momentum - it has its mass in motion. The amount of momentum which an object has is dependent upon two variables: how much stuff is moving and how fast the stuff is moving. Momentum depends upon the variables mass and velocity. In terms of an equation, the momentum of an object is equal to the mass of the object times the velocity of the object.


If only I had learned to be at the front when you hit the final corner. Great gameplan, poor execution. Mr. Smart was in there with me and we had it in the bag. He flatted the last time up the hill, damn the bad luck. Got blocked in and turned the final corner in about 11th...finished 7th. Ugh...so close too!

Geezers:
Ruthless I tell you, those bag boys are brutal! Attack after attack. So much strength. Glad they are on my team. Wish I hadn't dropped my chain halfway through. No chance of catching back on...not on this day. Taz set up a great attack, Pascuzzi, DeanO, then oV...I've heard of the one two punch but the one two three four (with Andy, M2, and the Delivery Man sitting in) YIKES!

Angermanagement from the Spine "Doctors" nipped oV at the line after an awesome attack over the top. The Delivery Man covered and grabbed 5th!

Pro/1/2:
Check out DeanO...he earned a rootbeer today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»