Thursday, May 11, 2006

It's Just Training

Small group on the Thursday ride.

Maybe the wind kept people away.

It really wasn't that bad though. Even with six of us plus the half dozen that joined along the way we motored along. We dropped most everyone by the end...oops. Didn't mean to, I just had to get some Super LT and VO2 intervals in and others followed/challenged.

Actually hit 179 in the sprint to the Fire Station. I am using the term "sprint" very liberally. I wouldn't have even gotten that except this BIOC (is that pronounced biatch?) rider sat on my wheel most of the way up and over guardrail hill and to the fire station....had to go for the sprint points? It is only training...

ah, but it was sprint training....

Now, I know for some 179 is not impressive, but that is only one beat lower than I have ever recorded on the bike.

See, I am more a diesel truck than a sports car.

So, I motored, we went fast, it was fun...lots more fun than the lifecycle in the gym yesterday.


Four of us finished together and nobody tried to sprint...

Headwind,
Uphill,
Tired,
Good!

4 comments:

norcalcyclingnews.com said...

my max ... 174.

that's MAX.

Velojuice said...

You guys are studs, mine goes higher but I am slower, go figure.

X Bunny said...

higher isn't better
mine gets to 120 practically just brushing my teeth

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»