Monday, May 15, 2006

Lothar of the Hill People II

Berkeley Hills Geezer Style:
This is a 35 mile race if you are a dumbass like me. See previous post about dropping chain. Reason said chain dropped was not shifting stupidity but broken link. On the promenade I knew something was wrong. Actually asked a teammate to take a look because I thought I might have lost a pulley bolt or something. Nope, broken link = bad shifting = another half race = another mechanical.

I'll get it together sooner or later.

I won't pretend to know what happened. I set the pace...silly me...up Papa the first time. I felt good. And soon that would end. Attacks, reeled in, another attack, reeled in, fast, slow, faster when the incline increased (and I don't mean in an inverse downhill kinda way), both my legs flatted and a jumpy chain. I was out...no further excuses required.

Team played it well. Covered breaks, pushed the pace when necessary, conserved the right people, attacked at the right time. Taz walked away with it and Pascuzzi hung for some BAT points. Nicely done!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least we got to go for a little spin in the sun.

I blew so bad I still feel it today.

Bad Bad Bad when you consider I didn't do much to make myself blow in the first place